Monday, February 15, 2010

Deployment 2010

Hi all! I am writing this email just 24 hours after the kids & I had to say our 'see ya laters' to our Sailor. Jay (along with the other Sailor aboard USS The Sullivans) departed from NS Mayport yesterday around 1:30pm. It was a bittersweet moment, since the ship JUST got home at the end of April from deployment & here we are, not even a year later, going back out for who knows how long. I am still working (even though there is no pay...HAHA...) as one of the Ombudsmen (along with my best friend) & love it. We are looking forward to helping the families through this deployment (along with ourselves). I can't say much about this one but, just keep praying for the ship & her Sailors. This won't be a fun one...it'll be a very stressful one with many sleepless nights.
The kids are doing as well as to be expected giving the circumstance. I just keep reminding them that he WILL be home & that everything will be fine (even in the back of MY mind I'm worried beyond belief). I am just doing my normal deployment routine & organizing everything that I can find (& for those of you that know how I keep house, that's hard to do...it's pretty much done already...). Just going to take a few days & then everything will be back into a routine, definitely not normal, but then again, in our Navy life, what is normal?!
If you would like to keep in contact with him while he is gone (he will not have his cell phone after this Friday & he won't be able to get on Facebook either), his email is: ottoja@ddg68.navy.mil
Also, if you would like to mail him packages, cards or letters, his mailing address is:
FC1 Otto, Jay A
CF Division
USS The Sullivans (DDG 68)
FPO, AA 34093, 1287
We are a Navy family through & through & know that this is our life & there will be times where we will be separated. When duty calls, Jay must answer...we have known this since he completed boot camp in August 1997. It's not the normal life but it's OUR life. There will be tears but he will come back to us SAFE!
Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers & please keep in touch (with both the kids, myself & Jay). It will make this time we are apart go that much faster! (Plus give our minds a little vacation...even for just a split second) We love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment